Empire State Realty Trust Signs 139,321 Sq. Ft. Across Greater New York Metro Portfolio During the First Eight Months of 2018
NEW YORK CITY, Sept 5, 2018 – Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: ESRT) concluded nineteen individual leases for 139,321 square feet at its Greater New York Metropolitan office properties between January and mid-August 2018.
“We recently started work on our previously announced program to update our common areas and amenities, including gyms, dining, and new coffee lounges,” said Jeffrey H. Newman, Senior Vice President of ESRT. “ESRT continues to be a market leader in workplaces that appeal to tenants’ employees.”
Among the transactions concluded in Fairfield County:
- Metro Center in Stamford, CT
- Zimmer US, Inc. leased 8,906 sq. ft. Tenant brokers: Joe Cabrera, Mike Gordon, and Matt Mendicino of Colliers International.
- First Stamford Place in Stamford, CT
- Cenveo Corp. leased 30,590 sq. ft. Tenant brokers: William Montague, Adam Klimek, and Kevin Foley of Cushman & Wakefield.
- The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America extended its 12,914 sq. ft. lease. Tenant brokers: Ted Uzelac and Connie Saldana, Fischer.
- CareCentrix, Inc. renewed its 10,691 sq. ft. lease. Tenant brokers: Serge Vishmid and Kim Mowers of Newmark Knight Frank.
- Bright Horizons Children’s Centers LLC renewed its 7,639 sq. ft. lease.
- Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc. extended its 6,344 sq. ft. lease.
- MerrittView in Norwalk, CT
- Key Bank leased 4,577 sq. ft. Tenant brokers: Mark Collins, Paul Kauffman and Mark Jacobs of JLL.
- The Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, Inc. renewed and expanded to 11,311 sq. ft. Tenant brokers: Paul Kauffman and Mark Jacobs of JLL.
Among the transactions concluded in Westchester County:
- 10 Bank Street in White Plains, NY
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company leased 6,864 sq. ft. Tenant broker: Craig Ruoff of Cushman & Wakefield.
- Can Capital, Inc. leased 3,834 sq. ft. Tenant brokers: Brian Goldman, Greg Frisoli and Larry Ruggieri of Newmark Knight Frank.
- Evolution Markets Inc. extended its lease of 10,279 sq. ft.
- Property Resources Corporation renewed and expanded to 6,611 sq. ft. Tenant broker: Patti Valenti of Newmark Knight Frank.
- Walleye Trading Advisors LLC leased 2,378 sq. ft. Tenant broker: David Richman of Rakow Commercial Realty Group.
- 500 Mamaroneck Avenue in Harrison, NY
- Seal Software leased 2,477 sq. ft.
- Marin Goodman, LLP renewed for 4,667 sq. ft.
- Chemlube International, LLC renewed 4,230 sq. ft. Tenant broker: Eric Goldschmidt of Goldschmidt & Associates.
- Pantaenius America Ltd. renewed 1,862 sq. ft. Tenant broker: Alan Zuckerman of Alan Zuckerman Real Estate.
Mr. Newman represented ESRT in the above transactions, along with Assistant Vice President, Kimberly Zaccagnino and Senior Leasing Associate, Tara Long.
About Empire State Realty Trust
Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: ESRT), a leading real estate investment trust (REIT), owns, manages, operates, acquires and repositions office and retail properties in Manhattan and the greater New York metropolitan area, including the Empire State Building, the world's most famous building. Headquartered in New York, New York, the Company's office and retail portfolio covers 10.1 million rentable square feet, as of June 30, 2018, consisting of 9.4 million rentable square feet in 14 office properties, including nine in Manhattan, three in Fairfield County, Connecticut, and two in Westchester County, New York; and approximately 700,000 rentable square feet in the retail portfolio.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Federal securities laws. You can identify these statements by use of the words "assumes," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "projects" and similar expressions that do not relate to historical matters. You should exercise caution in relying on forward-looking statements, because they involve risks, uncertainties and other factors which are, in some cases, beyond ESRT's control and could materially affect actual results. Such factors and risks include, without limitation, a failure of conditions or performance regarding any event or transaction described above, regulatory changes, and other risks and uncertainties described from time to time in ESRT's filings with the SEC. Except as may be required by law, ESRT does not undertake a duty to update any forward-looking statement.